Tuesday 4th March 2014
Nom Nom Kids reusable food pouches: the savvy feeding solution for mums-on-the-go
Mums-on-the-go seeking a savvy feeding solution for weaning babies and active toddlers need look no further. New Nom Nom Kids reusable food pouches combine functionality with fun, offering an environmentally-sound solution for feeding babies and kids.
Devised by Mum-of-two Suzanne Moore, the pouches are a convenient and cost-effective way of storing home-made baby food or decanting shop bought smoothies, yogurts or baby food.
The pouches open at the side to allow easy filling with food that is smooth or contains small lumps. The food can simply be poured or spooned in and then the pouch sealed securely using a double zip lock closure that even the most determined toddler cannot open.
Key features of Nom Nom reusable food pouches include:
• Easy to fill and clean without needing any extra equipment.
• Dishwasher safe
• Freezer safe
• BPA, PVC & phthalate free
• Re-usable and good for the environment
• Ideal for safely storing food and feeding baby or toddler when out and about
• Easy to hold so baby or toddler can feed themselves
• Perfectly sized for little hands and little tummies
• Ideal for nursery and pre-school lunch boxes
• Mess-free eating in the car, pushchair or around the house
• Fun design. Kids love the roaring lion on the side gusset
• Space on the back to write who the pouch belongs to, what it contains and more
Nom Nom founder Suzanne Moore said: “As a busy mum of a fussy toddler and a weaning baby I found myself using a lot of pre-packaged food pouches while I was out and about – mainly for convenience. However, at anything from 70p to £1.20 a go, the pouches are a very expensive way to feed your baby. They are also non recyclable which means millions of pouches are thrown away each year, a fact that really bothers me."
“I discovered reusable pouches on the internet but most were too big for a baby or a toddler and they were also very dull design-wise. Most had small openings or needed a filling station to actually fill them with food. There was nothing on the market that I felt did the job well so I set about developing my own brand of food pouch that babies and toddlers would enjoy feeding from and mums would enjoy using. It’s fantastic that I can now give my children home made food, smoothies and yogurts in our pouches while we’re out and about.”
Nom Nom Kids re-usable pouches available from www.nomnomkids.co.uk and Amazon UK. Pouches retail from £2.95 for a single pouch or £6.95 for a pack of three. A weaning starter kit containing 10 pouches, 5 spare caps and a non permanent pen retails at £20.
For further information contact:
01242 51460601242 514606
Notes to editors
• Each pouch holds up to 120ml/ 4oz of liquid food and is an excellent fit for a standard 100g yogurt or fruit pot. The size of the pouch was well considered to ensure that babies and young children do not overload on the natural fruit sugars found in fruit smoothies.
• Suzanne took a huge amount of care to design the pouches specifically for babies, toddlers and pre-school kids. Unlike other brands on the market she refused to order the standard factory model but worked hard to ensure that every detail was as well designed as possible whilst keeping the cost of the pouches reasonable for cash strapped families.
• The pouches have been found to be very helpful to parents of disabled children who are delayed or unable to eat solid food. Feeding a disabled child with this issue can be messy and the pouches have really helped to make snack and meal times more fun. They are also used by parents of children with allergies and intolerances giving them the freedom to give “safe” food in a pouch.